Portable Sound EditorBy
Sound editor applications are generally used to create professional sound recordings that is associated with recorded or synthetic sound. This has been often used in preparation of final sound mixing or mastering of any production.
Music editor has been popularly used by people in general for recording and editing sounds like ringtone creation.
Ringdroid, an Android application is a music editor that can be manipulated directly on the handset. This is a free ringtone apps that creates tones, alarms, and notifications. Ringdroid supports MP3, AAC/MP4, WAV, and 3GPP/AMR sound file formats.
User Interface (UI) lets user set the start and ending notes of their ringtone with sliding arrows along the on screen timeline, and tapping Start and End to record the snippet.
* Open an existing audio file
* View a scrollable waveform representation of the audio file at 5 zoom levels
* Set starting and ending points for a clip within the audio file, using an optional touch interface
* Play the selected portion of the audio, including an indicator cursor and autoscrolling of the waveform
* Play anywhere else by tapping the screen
* Save the clipped audio as a new audio file and mark it as Music, Ringtone, Alarm, or Notification.
* Record a new audio clip to edit
* Delete audio (with confirmation alert)
* Launches automatically in response to the GET_CONTENT intent with a mime type of audio/ if any other application wants to pick an audio file – for example the “Rings Extended” application.
* Assign a ringtone directly to a contact.
File Formats Support:
* AAC/MP4 (including unprotected iTunes music)
* 3GPP/AMR (this is the format used when you record sounds directly on the handset)
To vote for and rate this article, roll your mouse over the stars and click on
the number of stars you want to rate this article at. Thank you for voting.